No, not the sea creature. Bob was recently forced into retirement. This was totally unexpected and earlier than we had planned. So I am taking on more projects to bring in extra income. One of them is Squidoo.
Don’t worry, Espirational will stay as it is. When I started this blog I was determined to keep it non-commercial. That is why my online money making activities are based outside this blog. I may from time to time mention something else I am doing. If you want to check these out, that would be great, but there is no pressure.
Here are a few of my first lenses for you to browse.
That got your attention didn’t it? Today is National Chocolate Cake Day. It is also my birthday, so I get two pieces, right?
A few days ago I mentioned ways to celebrate a birthday without food. You can still have a wonderful day. However, if you really want cake but live with dietary restrictions there is always another option. You can make your own.
I love chocolate cake. But I don’t love all the sugar and fat that usually finds it’s way into this delicious dessert. So, this is my favorite chocolate cake recipe. I love it made as cupcakes. I prefer my cake naked, but this is so good, you won’t miss the frosting! If you prefer frosted cupcakes use your favorite frosting recipe.
Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
1 ½ cup brown rice flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer dark cocoa powder)
1 teaspoon baking soda
Zest and juice of 1 medium orange (approx. 1 T. zest and ½ cup juice)
1/3 cup water
¼ cup agave nectar or ½ cup sugar
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil or unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ – ¾ cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl combine wet ingredients.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add wet, stirring just to blend.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
7. Divide batter among the cups.
8. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the tip of a knife inserted into the top of a cupcake comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven, take cupcakes out of the pan and allow to cool.
Makes 12 cupcakes.