I just received word of the Six Word Festival on Twitter. It began yesterday and continues today (9/25/13) and tomorrow (9/26/13). There will be prompts given to encourage you to write and celebrities will be participating. Check out the Festival page for a schedule and more information. http://sixwordmemoirs.com/about/the-six-word-twitter-festival/
In appreciation of our followers we are starting a new feature called Follower of the Month. Each month one of our followers will have the opportunity to have a guest post here at Espirational. Details below.
1. You must be following Espirational either by email or in your reader.
2. Your guest post may be on the topic of positive thinking, spirituality, healthy living or writing/publishing.
3. Please no advertising posts.
4. Our blog posts are brief, so try to keep yours at 150 words or less.
5. Provide a brief about the author statement which may include up to two links.
6. If you have a book available on Amazon (Kindle Store included) please let us know so we can add it to our bookstore.
If you are interested in this opportunity let us know using the form on our Contact page.
I am introducing my new Carrot Cake Fruit Cream in a guest blog post at The Gluten Free Homemaker. Yes, I said carrot cake. Doesn’t that sound good? You’ll want to be sure to go get this recipe.
If you are living gluten free The Gluten Free Homemaker is a blog you will want to get to know. Linda has some great ideas and recipes, especially about cooking for a family. She also hosts Gluten Free Wednesdays which are a great source of gluten free recipes if you need a few.
This week I am also participating in Raw Foods Thursdays.
Looking for more dairy free ice cream recipes? Check out my new Kindle eBook Frozen Fun! 25 Dairy and Dairy Free Ice Cream Recipes
You may have noticed we now have a bookstore. (Click the tab at the top of the page to check it out.) Many people use books as tools for daily life and we hope you will use the bookstore when looking for spiritual, inspirational, positive thinking and healthy living books and gift items.
We will continue to work on adding new books. This is where you can help.
1. If there is a book you would like to see in the bookstore let us know so we can consider it.
2. If you are a regular reader or follower of the Espirational blog and the author of a spiritual, positive thinking or healthy lifestyle book available on Amazon (including the Kindle Store) please let us know. We are setting up an Espirational Friends page to share books written by our blog friends. April, I’ve got Sacred Pauses already, you were the first one who came to mind. Sloan, I just added Taming the Invisible Dragon.
3. We are also looking for inspirational music so if you have a CD or DVD available on Amazon that conveys a positive message or could be used as meditation music please let us know. Mike Howe, do you have anything that would fit here?
If you can help us with any of these, please leave us a note in the comment section below.
One year ago today Espirational! began with our first post. Time flies when you’re having fun!
We called Espirational a 10 Minute Vacation for the soul, because our souls needed a vacation. Thank you to everyone who has come along with us. Your follows, comments and general support mean more than you know. If you are new to Espirational, please join us as we continue our journey.
Did somebody say there was a present? You bet! In celebration of my Blogiversary we’ve got ICE CREAM! In my family, summer celebrations have to include ice cream.
Today, we are offering my latest eBook Frozen Fun! 25 Recipes for Dairy and Non Dairy Ice Cream FREE (yes I said free)!
I look forward to reading your reviews of Frozen Fun on its Amazon.com page.
T.R. at Nobody Like Crumbley Cookies is joining me in this celebration. Please stop by his blog and say hello.
No, not the sea creature. Bob was recently forced into retirement. This was totally unexpected and earlier than we had planned. So I am taking on more projects to bring in extra income. One of them is Squidoo.
Don’t worry, Espirational will stay as it is. When I started this blog I was determined to keep it non-commercial. That is why my online money making activities are based outside this blog. I may from time to time mention something else I am doing. If you want to check these out, that would be great, but there is no pressure.
Here are a few of my first lenses for you to browse.
That got your attention didn’t it? Today is National Chocolate Cake Day. It is also my birthday, so I get two pieces, right?
A few days ago I mentioned ways to celebrate a birthday without food. You can still have a wonderful day. However, if you really want cake but live with dietary restrictions there is always another option. You can make your own.
I love chocolate cake. But I don’t love all the sugar and fat that usually finds it’s way into this delicious dessert. So, this is my favorite chocolate cake recipe. I love it made as cupcakes. I prefer my cake naked, but this is so good, you won’t miss the frosting! If you prefer frosted cupcakes use your favorite frosting recipe.
Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
1 ½ cup brown rice flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer dark cocoa powder)
1 teaspoon baking soda
Zest and juice of 1 medium orange (approx. 1 T. zest and ½ cup juice)
1/3 cup water
¼ cup agave nectar or ½ cup sugar
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil or unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ – ¾ cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl combine wet ingredients.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add wet, stirring just to blend.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
7. Divide batter among the cups.
8. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the tip of a knife inserted into the top of a cupcake comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven, take cupcakes out of the pan and allow to cool.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
This post is linked to the following blog events:
The recipe is in Have Yourself a Healthy Little Holiday. Coupon Code: ZF38M
Did you get your free copy yet? After November 14th the price will be $2.99.