“Learn to flow with life like a stream. Change is the only constant in our world, everything and everyone is in always in a constant state of change. Learn to flow with life, relax and enjoy the ride. Remember, Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream…”–Kemmy Nola
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.”—J.R.R. Tolkien
An oldie but goodie from 2013.
Remember when you were a kid and used to play with your shadow? You can still do that, you know. Lighten up and have a little fun!
“What you’re missing is that the path itself changes you.” — Julien Smith
July is National Ice Cream Month by Presidential Proclamation 5219, signed by then President Reagan on July 9, 1984. But did you know that today, July 17 is also National Ice Cream Day? Ice cream is certainly one way I enjoy my journey through life.
Let’s think about ways we can celebrate ice cream.
- Try a new flavor.
- Give homemade a try. There are many different ways and recipes to make homemade ice cream. It is fun. Homemade tastes better than store-bought. Try it.
- Create a new recipe either for ice cream or using ice cream as an ingredient.
- Do you know the history of ice cream?
- Make kick the can ice cream with the kids.
- Love chocolate sauce? Try my Dark Chocolate Sauce.
- Can’s eat dairy? No problem! There are non-dairy options made with alternative milks (such as alm0nd, rice or coconut). Some are even made with frozen fruit such as bananas. Try my Carrot Cake Fruit Cream.
- Set up a sundae bar. Let the kids help. Don’t forget to include healthy toppings such as fresh fruit and berries.
- Get social with your ice cream. I’m not talking about social media here, invite people over for homemade ice cream or a sundae party. Get the neighbors involved and have a block party. It often seems that food divides us, but I believe it can still bring us together.
- Finally, be sure to check out the new recipes in my e-book Frozen Fun. We have added a section on smoothies. Of course we still have the regular ice cream and fruit cream recipes. Frozen Fun is available from the Amazon Kindle Store or Espirational Books.
We’re celebrating with a little peach fruit cream I whipped up in the Ninja. How are you celebrating?