Happy Monday. Today is the big day — the Solar Eclipse of 2017. Here are a few tips for you concerning the eclipse.
- If you are traveling today, please drive safely.
- No driving with your cellphone out the window trying to take pictures and no stopping on the side of the road to view the eclipse.
- Be aware that there may be more traffic on the roads today and drive accordingly.
- If you want to watch the eclipse be sure any eye protection you may be using will actually protect your eyes.
- Consider making a pinhole cardboard device to view the eclipse, or better yet watch live news coverage of the event.
- Watch out for soothsayers and false prophets trying to instill fear in people over this natural (albeit rare) occurence. For more information on this please refer to Bob’s blog post https://espirational.org/2017/08/14/its-your-choice/
So what are Bob and I doing today? Well we tend to stay away from large crowds, especially where an outbreak of mass hysteria could possibly occur. It is also very important that we both protect our eyes right now. So we are staying off the roads, for the most part staying in and enjoying the NASA TV coverage of the event. https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-announces-television-coverage-for-aug-21-solar-eclipse
For more information concerning the eclipse please visit https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/1
Whatever you are planning to do regarding the eclipse, remember, stay calm, be safe and enjoy!