Happy Birthday! Even if today isn’t the actual anniversary of your birth I want you to know God is delighted in you as his wonderfully perfect and uniquely gifted child. In the words of this wonderful birthday song written by Andrew Lawrence, and performed by Hot Soup, God Danced the Day you Were Born.
When most people think of birthdays they think of cake. And who doesn’t love cake? When the cake becomes a problem celebrating doesn’t have to end These are a few of my favorite ways to celebrate without food.
* Center the celebration around an activity rather than food. Swimming, skating or a craft party for children, a play or concert for aduls.
* Make a donation to a cause to benefit children in the amount of your age.
* Organize a card shower for the birthday girl/boy instead of a party. Who doesn’t love cards?
* If you are planning a party be sure the celebration is meaningful and fun for the person with the birthday.
* If you find yourself alone on your birthday celebrate anyway. Invite a friend co-worker or neighbor to join you.
* Do something nice for your mother or in her memory if she has passed. After all you wouldn’t be here without her.