“Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.”— Joseph Addison
“Freedom is what you do with what’s been done to you.” — Jean-Paul Sartre
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_freedom.html#wDSzA3hoFJvYG5aQ.99
“Beauty breaks open the human soul.”— Joan Chittister OSB [Source: http://www.benetvision.org/]
“Joy blooms where minds and hearts are open.”–– Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Today Bob, Callie and I are on the road on our way to our new home. I will write more about the move with photos (hopefully) in June. We are moving to a beautiful place — but you will have to wait for more details.
Don’t worry, I schedule my blog posts ahead, so things around here will go on as usual while we are moving and getting settled.
Today we want to leave you with a few photos of new faerie houses at the lake near where we have lived the last 9 years. New houses have been popping up as new families have moved into the neighborhood. Enjoy!
“When I read something that rings true and goes straight to my heart, or hear or see it, that aha! feeling comes. I know that I am in the presence of something greater than I am.” — Alice O. Howell, The Web in the Sea [ Source: http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/]
“Seek God where he may be found, even in the heart of a neighbor.” — A Search for God Book 1 [Compiled by the study groups of the Association for Research and Enlightenment]
“A religious man is a person … whose greatest passion is compassion.” — Abraham Joshua Heschel in New York Journal-American (5 April 1963) [Source: wikiquote]
Pudgy’s, a locally owned pizza place in Omaha NE, is one restaurant where we can enjoy a meal without drama. We know we will be treated well there and enjoy a good gf pizza. These are the things Pudgy’s does right.
1. When Pudgy was developing his gf menu items he talked to his gluten free customers.
2. He took pride in his gluten free pizza. If you wanted to see Pudgy smile really big thank him for his gluten free pizza.
3. You can order any size and choice of toppings for the same price as regular pizza. They know what you are talking about when you order a gluten free crust.
4. In addition to pizza there are gf bread sticks, cheese sticks and hot wings and Redbridge beer if you want.
5. Gluten free customers are treated just like any other customer with good food and choices.
On a recent visit to Pudgy’s we were not prepared to learn Pudgy has passed away. We will miss you Pudgy, but thank you for your efforts to serve your gluten free customers and hope the restaurant will continue to welcome gluten free customers.