When most people think of birthdays they think of cake. And who doesn’t love cake? When the cake becomes a problem celebrating doesn’t have to end These are a few of my favorite ways to celebrate without food.
* Center the celebration around an activity rather than food. Swimming, skating or a craft party for children, a play or concert for aduls.
* Make a donation to a cause to benefit children in the amount of your age.
* Organize a card shower for the birthday girl/boy instead of a party. Who doesn’t love cards?
* If you are planning a party be sure the celebration is meaningful and fun for the person with the birthday.
* If you find yourself alone on your birthday celebrate anyway. Invite a friend co-worker or neighbor to join you.
* Do something nice for your mother or in her memory if she has passed. After all you wouldn’t be here without her.