Genie’s Note: Over the years, healthy, balanced living has been a popular topic here at Espirational. I decided to look over past posts and found many just as relevant as when they were first posted. These words from 2017 are just as important as when they were first written.
It is difficult to maintain a sense of balance in a world filled with chaos. The urgency of current events and the resulting upheaval throw us off kilter. And we are bombarded with the stuff.
Turn on your computer and there are written words, images and videos designed to make you angry, fearful and throw you off balance, no matter what side of the political divide you find yourself on; or even if you try to stay out of the mess.
The key word here is designed. Yes, this is all intentional. People are easier to control in times of uncertainty and chaos. If you have ever worked for a company where the rules were always changing and you were in constant fear of being written up or even fired, you have experienced “management by chaos.”
That is why it is so important to stay connected to the Divine, rooted and grounded in love and to develop a sense of balance. Now if you have ever tried to walk a balance beam you know that perfect balance 100% of the time is not achievable. Just as when we are on a balance beam, in life we lean one way then the other and sometimes we even fall off.
So how do we get to the point where we are on the beam more than we are on the ground?
- Balance your body by eating healthy food. Limit heavily processed food and sugar. Move your body. Throughout the day at least stand up and move around for a few minutes.
- Balance your mind by saying no to fear. This may mean turning off the TV or computer. Don’t jump to conclusions and don’t believe everything you see or hear. It may mean filling your mind with so much good that the bad stuff no longer has any room in your head whereby to controls you.
- Balance you spirit by staying close to God. Spend time in prayer and meditation. Find time and space to be alone in nature.
- Shine your light and continue to be in love with the Universe.
- Be careful not to contribute to the chaos. Think of living in balance in a world of chaos as the greatest act of rebellion we can commit.
The world is desperately in need of your light right now. Don’t give in to the attempts to control you through chaos. Stay rooted and grounded in love and keep working on staying on that balance beam.
What are some ways you try to stay in balance in a chaotic world? Share your thoughts and ideas in the comment section and let’s talk.