Okay so the cookies in the picture aren’t bar cookies. They aren’t even from the same recipe. But my camera is not working so I thought this photo would be better than none at all. You will have to imagine soft, cake like bars with that pumpkin-chocolate goodness. Sounds good doesn’t it?
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
2 eggs of equivalent substitute
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup stevia sweetener such as Truvia (R) or Stevia in the Raw (R)
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 Tablespoon molasses
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill gluten free baking flour)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate is really good with pumpkin)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan by spraying with pan spray.
- Lightly beat eggs. Add stevia, agave and molasses and pumpkin.
- Stir to blend well.
- Add cinnamon, baking powder, soda and flour, stirring as you add.
- Finally stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into baking pan smoothing out the batter with a spoon. Bake 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into bars or squares and enjoy!
For more of my gluten free recipes check our my e-books on my profile page at the Amazon Kindle Store.
This post is included at: