As the years go by, I am becoming more in tune with the changing seasons. With that first little nip of cold in the air I want to be outside more, but I also feel pulled toward a flurry of “nesting” activity. It is good to listen to those urges, even if we don’t understand them. They are nature’s way of preparing us for the winter ahead.
So what are my ideas for winter preparation?
1. Get outside as much as you can.
2. Do outside lawn or house work.
3. Organize your closets.
4. Deep clean the house.
5. Winterize the house.
6. Winterize the car.
7. Dig out the snow shovel or snow blower, ice melt, ice scrapers for the car, etc.
8. Make a plan for school/work “snow days.”
9. Do any canning or freezing you need.
10. Stock up on non-perishable food items.
Take steps now to have what you need to survive severe winter weather. Then when the snow flies, sit back, light a fire in the fireplace, make yourself a cup of hot cocoa, watch the snow fall and enjoy winter.
How do you prepare for winter? Talk to me.