“Love works in miracles every day: such as weakening the stong, and stretching the weak; making fools of the wise, and wine men of fools; faouring the passions, destroying the reason, and in a word, turning everything topsy-turvy.” — Margaret of Valois
“Your life is a sacred journey. It is about change, growth, discovery, movement, transformation, continuously expanding your vision of what is possible, stretching your soul, learning to see clearly and deeply, listening to your intuition, taking courageous challenges at every step along the way. You are on the path… exactly where you are meant to be right now… And from here, you can only go forward, shaping your life story into a magnificent tale of triumph, of healing, of courage, of beauty, of wisdom, of power, of dignity, and of love.” ~ by Caroline Adams
“Wisdom is knowing we are all One. Love is what it feels like and Compassion is what it acts like.” ~ Ethan Walker III
In the early days of the Trump presidency I found myself beginning to get caught up in the “we have to resist” frenzy. Living in a rather remote area and travel being difficult for us right now kept us from rushing off to participate in marches, rallies and other forms of “protest.” So I participated in spirit. I prayed, meditated and “held the high watch” for those who were out there as well as for our country as a whole. But I have been uncomfortable with some of large public protests and the way they have been conducted. I have watched with concern as protestors have been called thugs and accused of everything from inciting violence, to looting, to unprovoked attacks to being rude at town hall meetings.
I have been silent on the tragedy in Charlottesville because I just didn’t know what to say. I also rarely comment on current events immediately. I wait for guidance and if it comes then I say something. Finally guidance came and I am now able to offer these words of hope and encouragement.
So how do we resist evil?
- Choose our actions carefully and wisely. Getting into a face to face showdown with heavily armed White Nationalists may not be the best thing to do. Scripture tells us to “abstain from all appearance of evil.” 2Thessalonians 5:22 Most people have likely seen the President’s description of the events in Charlottesville. That a group of “leftist thugs” attacked a group of “fine, upstanding citizens” who were peacefully protesting (with a permit to do so) the removal of a statue and the renaming of a park. We do not get involved with anything that can degrade into or even be exaggerated or twisted into being improper, violent or evil. I am not sure that physical on site protests have accomplished what people are trying to do and in many cases have been used as examples of the “evil intent” of the protestors.
- Maybe it time to rethink the word “resist.” What if resistance isn’t fighting against but living for? See my blog “Fighting Against or Living For?”
- Determine that the world will not change you, that you will not follow the anger and violence of the world but that you will follow Spirit, walk in the light and lead by example. We can resist by refusing to hate. We can resist by living in peace. We can resist by loving.
- Create and repeat affirmations. I am love. I am peace. I am creating a world that works for all. When working with affirmations it is important to put them in positive words, not negative. I will not, I am not, are not as powerful as I am statements.
- Live in the light and walk the path set before you. People will notice. Your example may make people think about their actions. Your example may even change the world.
This is how we do it folks, by living the life of love, peace and light and refusing to be changed by the world around us.
“Love is a sacred reserve of energy; it is like the blood of spiritual evolution.” — Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/spiritual.html
“We are each made for goodness, love and compassion. Our lives are transformed as much as the world is when we live with these truths.” – Desmond Tutu –
“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
― Paulo Coelho,