All artwork in the above slideshow is available for purchase from the artist Rogene Robbins. Please use the contact form at the bottom of the page if you are interested.
Rogene (Genie) Robbins is:
- Gluten Free Home Cook
- Artist who sees being an artist as who she is rather than what she does.
- Creative being who approaches her life with the same creativity and awareness of the spiritual that she approaches her artwork.
She realized she was an artist during her first studio art class in high school. Later experimented with various media before realizing her artistic medium was fabric and thread, using skills passed down from my grandmother and mother.
Over the years Rogene has developed her own unique, quirky style of art inspired by nature and life in general. She don’t use a lot of fancy equipment, preferring to work the “old fashioned” way with fabric, needle and thread, scissors, iron and a metal ruler. All of her stitching now is done by hand. You will see that she does love metallic thread. A few of her older pieces may include a bit of machine stitching.
Artwork by Rogene Robbins has been shown at a variety of venues including:
- National Quilter’s Association Annual Show
- Wisconsin Quilt Expo
- National Quilter’s Hall of Fame
- Stuhr Museum
- and others
She has also either donated work to be sold, or proceeds from my work to:
- Tohono Chul Park
- The Alliance for American Quilts
All the online work of Rogene and Bob Robbins is done under the online brand Espirational. They may be contacted by using the form below.