Have you ever walked away after a conversation with a difficult or extremely negative person feeling completely drained, just covered in negative gunk? I sometimes call this being slimed. This is an example of the energy of others having a negative effect on our own energy which I think we have all experienced.
It is important that we protect ourselves without letting fear take over causing us to obsess over it. This is something I am still learning because I am having to learn it the hard way. An obstacle for me in the process has been that I don’t want to put up emotional walls and shut everyone out. The good news is that you don’t have to.
There are a variety of practices and techniques available to help protect your energy field:
- Stay positive. Think positive thoughts. Surround yourself with positive people.
- Surround yourself with the White Light. Close your eyes and see a soft white light surrounding your body, slowly getting brighter and brighter. You can see the light coming down as a beam from the heavens if that is helpful.
- Say a prayer. This can be a simple spontaneous prayer asking for the Creator’s help and protection or a canned prayer such the Guardian Angel Prayer or my favorite, the Prayer for Protection.
- Call on the Angels and/or your guides for help.
- I am saving this for last because it is heavy-duty, but you can visualize a clear shield or you can actually put yourself in a clear bubble surrounded by light. I do actually use this, but try to limit it to times of extreme stress, or when many people in our community are going through illnesses or surgeries.
Even though I actively practice psychic protection I have learned that it is still important to release and let go of anything that might have slipped through. I do this with a simple prayer before I go to sleep, releasing any thoughts, emotions or physical sensations or symptoms that do not belong to me back to the Creator with a blessing for the owner.