Ice cream and cake for everybody!
Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
1 ½ cup brown rice flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer dark cocoa powder)
1 teaspoon baking soda
Zest and juice of 1 medium orange (approx. 1 T. zest and ½ cup juice)
1/3 cup water
¼ cup agave nectar or ½ cup sugar
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil or unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ – ¾ cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl combine wet ingredients.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add wet, stirring just to blend.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
7. Divide batter among the cups.
8. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the tip of a knife inserted into the top of a cupcake comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven, take cupcakes out of the pan and allow to cool. 10. Frost with your favorite frosting recipe if you must, but these are great unfrosted, either naked for with a scoop of ice cream.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Now for the Ice Cream head on over to the Kindle Store for you free copy of my ice cream book Frozen Fun. Don’t do dairy? Don’t worry there are both dairy and non-dairy (banana based) versions available in lots of flavors. Better hurry this is available today January 27 only.
But don’t be selfish. Please share this blog post and the book giveaway with others. Feel free to reblog if you like.
This blog post is a part of the following:
Allergy Free Wednesdays