This is a cool, light and refreshing summer smoothie. Use your own choice of fruit to make your own flavor. Smoothies often contain fruit juice, but I used water to reduce the sugar in this. But how healthy is this smoothie? Peaches are high in potassium, beta carotene, fiber and a good source of Vitamin C. Strawberries are high in antioxidants and there is current research looking into possible anti-inflammatory properties. [Source: healthfood-guide.com]
- 2 medium peaches cut into large chunks (I prefer to leave the peel on)
- 4 or 5 fresh strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 packet of powdered stevia sweetener (optional)
- 10 – 12 large ice cubes (more or less as needed)
- Combine fruit, water lemon juice and sweetener in blender.
- Puree until fruit is liquefied.
- Add ice cubes one at a time and blend until ice cubes are crushed and the drink is thick.
Rogene Robbins is the author of Frozen Fun: 25 Dairy and Dairy Free Ice Cream Recipes available in the Amazon.com Kindle Store