1. Write a love letter. Yes, an “old fashioned” love letter straight from the heart and in your own handwriting.
2. Instead of cut flowers give a plant. A nice potted miniature rose will last for years to come (hopefully) reminding your loved one of you. Remember ladies, men also like to receive flowers.
3. Start your loved one’s car on a cold winter morning. Nothing says love more than getting outside on a cold winter morning to scrape the windshield.
4. Write love notes on the steamy bathroom mirror.
5. Lend an ear when your loved one needs to talk. People need to feel that they are being heard.
6. A handmade card or gift. Know the recipient here. Some people love handmade, others don’t.
7. A back, shoulder, or foot rub. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
8. Hold hands while walking. This isn’t just for teenagers. “Old folks” like Bob and I still hold hands — in public even.
9. Write a love poem. Serious, silly, something only the two of you understand, it doesn’t really matter. It’s the thought that counts.
10. Say thank you. The two most important words in the English language yet we never say them enough.