It’s hot cocoa day, but who really needs a reason to have hot cocoa? When it comes to hot cocoa I’m a homemade kind of girl. Nothing is better and it really isn’t hard to make. And if you have special dietry needs making you own from scratch is your best option. Here’s my reciipe.
Genie’s Dairy Free Hot Cocoa
This recipe makes 2 servings. You may double it to serve 4.
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder (I prefer dark)
3 Tablespoons Stevia
1/4 cup water
2 cups almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together cocoa, sugar and water in saucepan.
- Stir and cook until mixture starts to bubble.
- Slowly add milk and vanilla, stirring to blend.
- Heat continuing to stir until the cocoa is drinking temperature.
- Pour into cups or mugs and serve.
Note: If you use vanilla almond milk the extra vanilla may not be needed. You may also use any type of non-dairy milk that you prefer. My go-to is almond.