This is reblog of an older post. I chose to revive this for Mother’s Day because food always remind’s me of my Mom who was a great cook and passed along her skills and recipes to me. Whenever Spring rolls around I think of inviting a few friends over for brunch, which Mom did every year. This is a recipe we discussed one year when she asked me for ideas.
Have a Happy Mother’s Day on Sunday and if she is still living, call your Mom!
This reblog is linked to the Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party.
Photo copyright 2012 R.A. Robbins
These healthy little gluten free, low fat muffins will satisfy a sweet tooth while also providing a healthy dose of fiber and protein.
1 T. flax seed meal plus 3 T. hot water (or 1 egg)
¾ c. milk (I use almond milk)
½ c. unsweetened applesauce
1/3 c. agave nectar ( or 2/3 c. sugar)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 c. raisins
½ c. chopped walnuts (optional)
1 c. buckwheat flour
1 c. sorghum flour
1 T. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine flax seed and hot water. Mix well and let stand for 20 minutes. The mixture should reach the consistency of egg whites.
3. Combine milk, applesauce. Flax seed/water mixture and agave nectar in large bowl.
4. Add carrots, raisins and walnuts. Stir well.
5. Stir in flours, baking powder and cinnamon.
View original post 134 more words
2 thoughts on “Carrot Raisin Breakfast Mini-Muffins”
These are really tasty little morsels.
Yep, when it comes to my cooking your’re my biggest fan. 🙂