Who doesn’t love pumpkin pie? I know I do, but I also enjoy savory pumpkin dishes, like my Pumpkin Quinoa Pilaf with Bacon. This recipe and more are available in Have Yourself a Healthy LIttle Holiday.
Pumpkin Quinoa Pilaf with Bacon
6 strips turkey bacon diced check the label for gf turkey bacon — I use Jennie-O
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
2 cups pumpkin puree
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Brown turkey bacon.
2. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels. Reserve for later.
3. Add 1 Tablespoon oil to skillet. Add quinoa and cook, stirring until lightly browned.
4. Add water and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until just a little liquid is left on the quinoa.
6. Add pumpkin, nutmeg, pepper and cinnamon.
7. Reserving 1 Tablespoon of bacon for garnish add rest of bacon to quinoa. Stir.
8. Return pan to stove, cover and allow remaining liquid to be absorbed.
9. Pour pilaf into serving dish and garnish with remaining bacon.
Like this recipe? Find more of my holiday recipes in Have Yourself a Healthy Little Holiday available at Espirational Books.
This recipe was shared with: