I never should have tried this one. It is so good and so easy to make. I do not usually buy coconut milk, but this time I decided to splurge for a special treat.
So, how healthy is this smoothie? Pineapple contains Bromelain which has potential anti-inflammatory and digestive tract benefits.
[Source: The World’s Healthiest Foods http://www.whfoods.com]
• 2 cups coconut beverage (I use Silk PureCoconut)
• 1 – 12 ounce package frozen pineapple chunks
1. Combine coconut beverage and pineapple in blender.
2. Lock down lid on blender and pulse 3 times, then turn on high.
3. Blend until smooth and thick. If you did not use frozen pineapple add enough ice cubes to thicken the mixture.
4. Pour into glasses and serve. This makes two large or four small smoothies
This recipe is part of a summer series on smoothies. Enter “smoothies” in the search box at the top of the right column to find the others.
Rogene Robbins is the author of Frozen Fun: 25 Dairy and Dairy Free Ice Cream Recipes available in the Amazon.com Kindle Store