This is Pack Your Lunch Day! In case you need encouragement here are 5 Reasons to Pack Your Own Lunch:
1. Save Money Eating out is expensive. Keep track of how much you spend on lunch for a week. You may be shocked.
2. Eat healthier Restaurant food is often loaded with fat, sugar and salt. By packing your own lunch with fresh, whole foods and homemade items, you know exactly what goes into it.
3. Save time and stress Do you find yourself driving to a restaurant, waiting for your food, gulping it down and then rushing back to work hoping your won’t be late? Take your own food and enjoy a leisurely lunch with time left over to relax or take a short walk.
4. Cut down on food waste. Leftovers from last nights dinner make a good lunch.
5. Be kind to the environment. A reusable lunch box and food containers helps keep fast food cartons, napkins, cups as well as plastic bags out of the landfill.