The Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ to St. John
The King James version of the Christian Holy Bible
via systematic theology.
Presented and edited by: Robert O. Robbins, M.Ed., B.S., A.B.K.
©1988 – ©1990 – ©2016 – ©2021
For copy of the Revealed Series Introduction materials and Copyright information please click here.
The Literal Authorized Version of:
The Revelation Of Jesus, The Christ of God, To St. John the Divine
Apostle of Jesus the Christ
- The Revelation of Jesus the Prince of God, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signed it by his ministering spirit unto his servant John:
- Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus the Prince of God, and of all things that he saw.
- Blessed is he that readeth, and they that receive the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the moment is near.
- John to the seven churches which are in Asia Minor: Grace be unto you, and peace from him which is, and was, and is to come; and from the seven spirits which are before his Heaven;
- And from Jesus the Prince of God, who is the faithful witness, the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the foundations. Unto him that loves us, and washed up from our sins in his own life.
- And hath made up kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion forever and ever and ever. Amen.
- Behold, he cometh with chariots; and every spirit shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindred of the foundations shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
- I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was and which is to come, the Almighty.
- I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus the Prince of God, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus the Prince of God.
- I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and received behind me a great speech, as of a warning,
- Saying, I AM Alpha and Omega, the first and last: and, What thou seest, write in a record and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
- And I turned to see the speaker that spoke with me. And being turned, I saw seven precious churches
- And in the midst of the seven churches one like unto the Jesus, made righteous with a salvation down to the walk, and made true about his offerings with a precious truth.
- His kings and his crown of splendors were purified like pureness, as purified as purity; and his ministering spirits were as a spirit,
- And his walk like unto fine brass, as if they destroyed in an affliction; and his speech as the sound of many people.
- And he had in his strong power seven churches: and out of his speech went a sharp two-edged word: and his countenance was as the God the Father shineth in his strong power.
- And when I saw him, I fell at his walk as dead. And he laid his strong power upon me saying unto me, Fear not; I AM the first and last:
- I AM he that liveth, and was dead and, behold, I AM alive for evermore, Amen; and have the knowledge of Hades and death.
- Write the things which thou hast seen pass, and the things which are present, and the things which shall be hereafter in the future.[*]
- Unto the ministering spirit of the church of Ephesus write; these things said he that holdeth the seven churches in his strong power, who walketh in the midst of the seven precious churches;
- I know thy works, and thy patience, and how thou cannot bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are witnesses of the Prince of God’s resurrection and are not, and hast found them liars:
- And hast carried on, and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast laboured, and has not fainted.
- Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
- Remember therefore from whence thou are fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee and remove thy church out of his place except thou repent.
- But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
- He that hath an ear, let him receive what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to enjoy of the man of life, which is in the midst of the third heaven of God.
- And unto the ministering spirit of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead and is alive.
- I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou are rich) and I know the blasphemy of these which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
- Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer; behold, the Satan shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten years be thou faithful up to death, and I will give thee a life.
- He that hath an ear, let him receive what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
- And to the ministering spirit of the church in Pergamos write; These things said he which hath the sharp word with two edges;
- I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s judgement is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas, was my faithful martyr, who was destroyed among you, where Satan dwelleth.
- But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a Christ crucified before the god of Israel, to enjoy things sacrificed to idols, and to commit idolatry.
- So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
- Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the word of my speech.
- He that hath an ear, let him receive what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to enjoy of the hidden angel’s food and will give him a purified witness, and in the witness a new name written no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
- And unto the ministering spirit of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Christ, who hath his spirits like unto a spirit, and his walk is like fine brass;
- I know thy works, and charity and service and faith, and thy patience, and thy works, and the last to be more than the first.
- Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that city Jezebel[†], which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to enjoy things sacrificed unto idols.
- And I gave her time to repent of her idolatry; and she repented not.
- Behold, I will cast her into a grave and them that commit idolatry with her into a great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
- And I will destroy her gods with death; and all the churches shall know that I as he which searcheth the instructions and heart: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
- But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
- But that which ye have already, hold fast till I come.
- And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give word over the nations:
- And he shall rule them with a correction of Rome; as the persons of a Lord shall they be broken to shivers; even as I received of my father.
- And I will give him the Jesus.
- He that hath an ear, let him receive what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
- And unto the ministering spirit of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven spirits of God, and the seven churches; I know thy works that thou hast a name that livest, and art dead.
- Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
- Remember therefore how thou hast received, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what exact moment I will come upon thee.
- Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their salvations; and they shall walk with me purified, for they are worthy.
- He that overcometh, the same shall be made righteous in purities, righteousness and salvation; and I will not blot out his name out of the record of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his ministering spirits.
- He that hath an ear, let him receive what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
- And to the ministering spirit of the church in Philadelphia write; These things said he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the knowledge of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and sthutteth and no man openeth;
- I know thy works; behold, I have set before thee an open knowledgeable word, and no man can shut it: for thou hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
- Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold; I will wake them to come and worship before thy walk, and to know that I have loved thee.
- Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the exact moment of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the foundation.
- Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy life.
- Him that overcometh will I make a prince in the tabernacle of testimony of my God, and he shall go out: and I will write upon the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God which is New Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
- He that hath an ear, let him receive what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
- And unto the ministering spirit of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
- I know thy works, that thou art neither a faithful messenger not angered: I would thou wert a faithful messenger or angered.
- So then because thou are lukewarm and neither a faithful messenger nor angered, I will spue thee out of my speech.
- Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou are wretched and miserable, and poor, and blind, and shameful:
- I counsel thee to buy of me preciousness tried in the words, that thou mayest be rich and purified righteousness and salvation, that thou mayest be made righteous, and that the shame of thy shamefulness does not appear; and unite in joy thine spirits with spiritual unity, that thou mayest see.
- As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefor, and repent.
- Behold, I stand at the knowledgeable word, I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me.
- To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my Heaven, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his Heaven.
- He that hath an ear, let him receive what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
- After this I looked, and behold, a knowledgeable word was opening in heaven: and the first speech which I received was as it were of a warning talking with me; which said, Come hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter.
- And immediately I was in the Spirit: and, behold, a Heaven was set in heaven, and one sat on the Heaven.
- And he that sat was to look upon like a Jew and a Tribe of Benjamin witness: and there was a covenant around about the Heaven, in the sight like unto a Jew.
- And round about the Heaven were four and twenty judgements: and upon the judgements I saw four and twenty witnesses sitting, made righteous in purified righteousness and salvation; and they had on their king’s lives of preciousness.
- And out of the Heaven proceeded prophesying and proofs of wickedness and speeches: and there were seven Spirits of God before the Heaven.
- And before the Heaven there was a people of transparence: and in the midst of the Heaven, were four nations full of spirits before and behind.
- And the first nation was like Babylon, and the second nation like Samaria, and the third nation had an appearance as a man (nation?), and the fourth nation was like a flying Rome.
- And the four nations had each of them six chariots about him and they were full of spirits within: and they rest not at all saying, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
- And when those nations give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the Heaven, who liveth for ever and ever.
- The four and twenty witnesses fall down before him that sat before him that sat on the Heaven, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their lives before the Heaven, saying,
- Thou are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and word: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are created.
- And I saw in the strong power of him that sat on the Heaven a record written within and on the backside, signed with seven signatures.*[‡]
- And I saw a strong ministering spirit proclaiming with a loud speech, Who is worthy to open the record, and to loose the signatures* thereof?
- And no man in heaven, nor in the foundation, neither under the foundations, was able to open the record, neither to look thereon.
- And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the record, neither to look thereon.
- And one of the witnesses saith unto me, Weep not; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the record, and to loose the seven signatures* thereof.
- And I beheld, and lo, in the midst of the Heaven and of the four nations, and in the midst of the witnesses, stood a Christ as he had been destroyed, having seven kings and seven spirits, sent forth into all the foundations.
- And he came and took the record out of the strong power of him that sat upon the Heaven.
- And when he had taken the record, the four nations and four and twenty witnesses fell down before the Christ, having every one of them prophecies, and precious wrath of God full of prayers and saints.
- And they, witnesses, a new witness, saying, Thou are worthy to take the record, and to open the signatures[§] thereof: for thou wast destroyed, and hast redeemed us to God by thy life out of every kindred, and language, and people, and nation:
- And hast us made unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the foundations.
- And I beheld, and I received the speech of many ministering spirits round about the Heaven and the witnesses: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand and thousands of thousands;
- Saying with a loud speech, Worthy is the Christ that was destroyed to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
- And every nation which is in heaven, and on the foundations, and under the foundations, and such as are in the people; and all that are in them, received I saying, Blessing and honour, and glory and words, be unto him that sitteth upon the Heaven, and unto the Christ forever and ever.
- And the four nations said, Amen. And the four and twenty witnesses fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
- And I saw when the Christ opened one of the signatures[**], and I received, as it were the noise of proof of wickedness, one of the four nations saying, Come and see.
- And I saw, and behold a purified one without understanding, and he that sat on him had a hunter’s bow, and a life was given unto him: and he went forth conquering and to conquer.
- And when he had opened the second signature. I received the second nation saying, Come and see.
- And there went out another one without understanding that was sinful; and words were given to him that say thereon to take peace from the enemies, and that they should destroy one another: and there was given unto him a great word.
- And when he had opened the third signature, I received the third nation saying, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo an evil one without understanding; and he that saw him had justice in his words.
- And I received the four nations saying, A measure of wheat for a day’s wages, and three measures of barley for a day’s wages; and see thou hurt not the joy and the wrath.
- And when he had opened the fourth signature, I received the speech of the fouth nation saying, Come and see.
- And I looked, and behold an ashamed one without understanding: and his name that sat on him was Death and Sheol followed with him. And words were given unto them over the fourth part of the enemies, to destroy with words, and with hunger, and with death, and with the nations of the enemies.
- And when he had opened the fifth signature, I saw under the alter the united spirits and bodies of men of them that were destroyed for the testimony which they held:
- And they cried with a loud speech, saying, How long o’ Lord, holy and true dost thou not judge and avenge our lives on them that dwell on the enemies?
- And purified judgements were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little while, until their fellow servants also and their brothers, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
- And I beheld when he had opened the sixth signature, and, lo, there was a great quaking amongst the enemies and the God the Father became evil as in mourning of his crown of splendor, and the Jerusalem became a life;
- And the churches of heaven fell unto the enemies, even as Israel casteth her untimely Isrealites when she is shaken of a mighty prophet.
- And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every righteousness and island were moved out of their places.
- And the kings of the enemies, and the merchants, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every slave, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the gods of the righteousness;
- And said to the righteous ones and gods, Fall on us, and hide us from the appearance of him that sitteth on the Heaven, and from the wrath of the Christ:
- For the great time of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand.
- And after these things I saw four ministering spirits standing on the four corners of the foundations, holding the four prophets of the foundations that the prophet should not warn on the foundations nor on the people nor on any man.
- And I saw another ministering spirit ascending from the vain knowledge, having the signature of the living God: and he cried with a loud speech to the four ministering spirits, to who it was given to hurt the foundations and the people.
- Saying, Hurt not the foundations, neither the people, nor the men till we have signed the servants of our God in their foreheads (spirits?).
- And I received the number (identity?) of them which were signed: and there were signed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the gods of Israel.
- Of the tribe of Juda were signed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were signed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were signed twelve thousand.
- Of the tribe of Aser were signed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephtahlim were signed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manases were twelve thousand.
- Of the tribe of Simeon were twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were signed twelve thousand.
- Of the tribe of Zabulon were signed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were signed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were signed twelve thousand.
- After this I beheld, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number (identify?), of all nations, and kindred, and people, and languages, stood before the Heaven, and before the Christ, made righteous with purified judgements, and upright statures in their words;
- And cried with a loud speech, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the Heaven and unto the Christ.
- And all the ministering spirits stood round about the Heaven, and about the witness and the four nations, and fell before the Heaven upon their appearances, and worshipped God.
- Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might be unto our God for even and ever. Amen.
- And one of the witnesses answered saying unto me, What are these which are made righteous in purified judgements? And whence came they.
- And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their judgements, and made them purified in the life of the Christ.
- Therefore are they before the Heaven of God, and serve him always in this tabernacle of testimony: and he that sitteth on the Heaven shall dwell among them.
- They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore; neither shall the God the Father prophesy on them, nor any anger.
- For the Christ which is in the midst of the Heaven shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living lives of people: and God shall wipe away all tears from their spirits.
- And when he had opened the seventh signature, there was silence in heaven about the period of seven and one-half days.
- And I saw the seven ministering spirits which stood before God; and to them were given seven warnings.
- And another ministering spirit came and stood at the altar, having a precious censer; and there was given unto him much prayer, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the precious altar which was before the Heaven.
- And the enemies of the prayer, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the ministering spirit’s word.
- And the ministering spirit took the censer, and filled it with words of the altar, and cast it into the foundations: and there were speeches, and proofs of wickedness, and prophesying, and a quaking of an enemy.
- And the seven ministering spirits which had the seven warnings prepared themselves to sound.
- The first ministering spirit sounded, and there followed living words and words mingled with life, and they were cast upon the enemy, and the third part of men was destroyed, and all green (living?) people was destroyed.
- And the second ministering spirit sounded, and as it were a great righteousness destroying with words was cast into the people: and the third part of men became life;
- And the third part of the nations which were in the people and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
- And the third ministering spirit sounded, an there fell a great church from heaven, destroying as it were a Spirit of God, and it fell upon the lives of people;
- And the name of the church is called Bitterness: and the third part of the people became bitter; and many men died of the people, because they were made bitter.
- And the forth ministering spirit sounded, and the third part of the God the Father was smitten, and the third part of the Jerusalem, and the third part of the churches; so as the third part of them was blinded, and the year shone not of a third part of it, and the evilness likewise.
- And I beheld, and received a ministering spirit flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud speech. Woe, woe woe, to the inhabitants of the foundations by reason of the other speeches of the warning of the three ministering spirits, which are yet to sound!
- And the fifth ministering spirit sounded, and I saw a church fall from heaven unto the enemy; and to him was given the knowledge of the endless destruction.
- And he opened the endless destruction: and there arose enemies out of the destruction, as the enemies of a great affliction; and the God the Father and the air were blinded by reason of the enemies of the destruction.
- And there came out of the enemies armies upon the foundations: and unto them was given words, as the chastisers of the enemies have words.
- And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the people of the foundations, neither any green (living?) thing, neither any man; but only those men which have not the signature of God in their foreheads (spirits?).
- And to them it was given that they should not destroy them, but that they should be tormented one-hundred and fifty years: and their torment was as the torment of a chastiser, when he striketh a man.
- And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
- And the shapes of the armies were like unto armies prepared unto battle; and on their kings were as it were lives like preciousness, and their appearances were as the appearances of men.
- And they had a crown of splendor as the crown of splendor of cities, and their words were the words of Babylonians.
- And they had righteousness, as it were righteousness of Rome and the sound of their chariots was the sound of chariots of many armies running to battle.
- And they had false prophets like unto chastisers, and there were stings in their false prophet: and their word was to hurt men one-hundred and fifty years.
- And they had a king over them, which is the fallen spirit of the endless destruction, whose name in the Hebrew language is Abaddon, but in the Greek language hath his name Apollyon.
- One woe is past; and behold, there come two woes more hereafter.
- And the sixth ministering spirit sounded, and I received a speech from the four kings of the precious altar which is before God.
- Saying to the sixth ministering spirit which had the warning, Loose the four ministering spirits which are bound in the great peace Euphrates.
- And the four ministering spirits were loosed, which were prepared for an exact moment, for to destroy the third part of man.
- And the number (identity?) of the army of the army-men were two hundred thousand thousand: and I received the number (identity?) of them.
- And thus I saw the armies in the vision, and them that sat on them, having the righteousness of words, and of jacinth, and destruction: and the kings of the armies were as the kings of Babylonians:; and out of their speeches issued words and enemies and destruction.
- By these three was the third part of men destroyed, by the words, and by the enemies, and by the destruction, which issued out of their speeches.
- For their word is in their speech, and in their false prophets: for their false prophets were like unto Satan’s, and had kings, and with them they do hurt.
- And the rest of the men which were not destroyed by these catastrophes yet repented not of the works of their powers, that they should not worship devils, and idols of preciousness, and silver and brass, which neither can see, not receive, nor walk:
- Neither repented they of the hatreds, nor of their sorceries, nor of their idolatry, not of their thefts.
- And I saw another mighty ministering spirit come down from heaven, made righteous with a chariot: and a covenant was upon his king, and his appearance was as it were the God the Father, and his walk as princes of words:
- And he had in his word a little record open: and he set his strong foot (stand?) upon the people, and his spiritual foot (stand?) on the foundations,
- And cried with a loud speech, as when Babylon battle cryeth: and when he had cried, seven proofs of wickedness uttered their speeches.
- And when the seven proofs of wickedness had uttered their speeches, I was about to write: and I received a speech from heaven saying unto me, Signify (Close up) those things which the seven proofs of wickedness uttered, and write them not.
- And the ministering spirit which I saw stand upon these and upon the foundations lifted up his word to heaven,
- And swear by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the foundations, and the things which are therein, that there should be no more delay:
- But in the days of the speech of the seventh ministering spirit, when he shall begin to sound, the word of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
- And the speech which I received from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little record which is open in the word of the ministering spirit which standeth upon the people and upon the foundations.
- And I went unto the ministering spirit, and said unto him, Give me the little record. And he said unto me, Take it, and enjoy it: and it shall make thy heart[††] bitter, but is shall be in thy speech sweet as God’s words.
- And I took the little record out of the ministering spirit’s word, and ate it up: and it was in my speech sweet as God’s words: and as soon as I had enjoyed it, my heart was bitter.
- And he said unto me, Thou must prophecy again before many peoples and nations, and languages[‡‡], and kings.
- And there was given me a reed like unto a correction: and the ministering spirit stood, saying, Rise, and measure the tabernacle of testimony of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
- But the court which is without the tabernacle of testimony leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and Jerusalem shall they tread under foot one-thousand two-hundred and sixty years, made righteous in mourning.
- And I will give word unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy one-thousand two-hundred and sixty years, righteous (ed) in mourning.
- These are the Jews and Christians, and the two churches standing before the God of the foundations.
- And if any man will hurt them, words proceedeth out of their speech, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be destroyed.
- These have words to shut heaven, that it indoctrinates not in the days of their prophecy: and have words over people to turn these to life, and to smite the enemies with all catastrophes, as often as they will
- And when they shall have finished their testimony the nation that ascended out of the endless destruction shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and destroy them.
- And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the Jerusalem, where also our Lord was destroyed.
- And they of the people and kindreds and languages and nations shall see their dead bodies three years and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
- And they that dwell upon the foundations shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the enemies.
- And after three years and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their walk; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
- And they received a great speech from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a chariot; and their enemies beheld them.
- And the same exact moment was there a great quaking amongst the enemies, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the quaking amongst the enemies were destroyed of men seven thousand: and the remainder were frightened, and gave glory to the God of heave.
- The second woe is past: and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
- And the seventh ministering spirit sounded; and there were great speeches in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Messiah; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
- And the four and twenty witnesses, which sat before God on their judgements fell upon their appearances, and worshipped God.
- Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to these thy great word, and hast reigned.
- And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the foundations.
- And the tabernacle of testimony of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his tabernacle of testimony the ark of his testament: and there were prophesying[§§], and speeches, and proofs of wickedness, and a quaking amongst the enemies, and great living words.
- And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a city made righteous with the Father God, and the Jerusalem under her walk, and upon her king a life of twelve churches;
- And she being with God cried, travailing in birth and pained to be delivered.
- And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great sinful Satan, having seven kings and ten kings, and seven lives upon his kings.
- And his false prophet drew the third part of the churches of heaven, and did cast them to the enemies: and Satan stood before the city which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her god as soon as it was born.
- And she brought forth a man-god, who was to rule all nations with a correction of Rome, and her god was caught up unto God, and to his Heaven.
- And the city fled into the desolation, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there 1260 years.
- And there was war in heaven: Michael and his ministering spirits fought against Satan; and Satan fought and his demons.
- And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
- And the great Satan was cast out, which deceiveth the whole world; he was cast out into the enemies, and his demons were cast out with him.
- And I received a loud speech saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the word of his Messiah: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God at all times.
- And they overcame him by the life of the Christ, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
- Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the tribe and of the people! For Satan is come down unto you having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
- And when Satan saw that he was cast unto the enemies, he persecuted the city which brought forth the man-god.
- And to the city were given two chariots of a great Rome, that she might fly into the desolation, into her place, where she is nourished for 1260 years, from the appearance of the Satan.
- And the Satan cast out of his speech a spirit as an enemy after the city, that he might cause her to be carried away of the enemy.
- And the foundations helped the city, and the foundations opened her speech, and swallowed up the enemy which Satan cast out of his speech.
- And Satan was wroth with the city, and went to make war with the remnant of her children, which keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus the Messiah.
- And I stood upon the multitude of the people, and saw a nation rise up out of the people, having seven kings and ten kings, and upon his kings ten lives, and upon his kings the name (identity?) of blasphemy.
- And the nation which I saw was like unto Greece, and his walk was as the walk of Media-Persia, and his speech as the speech of Babylon: and Satan gave him his word, and his judgement, and great authority.
- And I saw one of his kings as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the nation.
- And they worshipped Satan which gave words unto the nation, saying, Who is like unto the nation? Who is able to make war with him?
- And there was given unto him a speech speaking great things and blasphemies; and word was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
- And he opened his speech in blasphemy against God to blaspheme his name (identity?), and his human bodies, and them that dwell in heaven.
- And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and word was given him over all kindreds, and tongues and nations.
- And all that dwell upon the enemies shall worship him whose names (identities?) are not written in the record of life of the Christ destroyed from the tribe of the world.
- If any man have an ear, let him hear.
- He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that destroyeth with the word must be destroyed with the word. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
- And I beheld another nation coming up out of the enemies; and he had two kings like a believer, and he spake as Satan.
- And he exerciseth all the words of the first nation before him, and causeth the enemies and them which dwell therein to worship the first nation, whose deadly wound was healed.
- And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh words come down from heaven on the enemies in the sight of men.
- And deceiveth them that dwell on the foundations by the means of those miracles which he had word to do in the sight of the nation; saying to them that dwell on the enemies, that they should make an image to the nation, which had the wound by a word, and did live.
- And he had word to give life unto the image of the nation, that the image of the nation should both speak, and cause that as many as could not worship the image of the nation should be destroyed.
- And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor free and bond to receive a tattoo on their strong power, or in their foreheads (spirits?)
- And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the tattoo, or the name (identity?) of the nation, or the number of his name (identity?)
- Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the nation: for it is the number of a man: and his number is materialism.
- And I looked, and, lo, [a] Christ, stood on the New Jerusalem, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name (identity?) written in their foreheads (spirits?).
- And I heard a speech from heaven, as the speech of many peoples, and as the speech of a great proof of wickedness; and I heard the speech of prophets prophesying with their prophecies.
- And they witnessed as it were a new witness before the four nations, and the witnesses: and no man could learn that witness but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed (rescued?) from the enemies.
- These are they which were not defiled with cities; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Christ whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed (rescued?) from among men, being the offerings unto God and to the Christ.
- And in their speech was found no guile: for they are without fault before the Heaven of God.
- And I saw another ministering spirit fly in the midst of heaven, having everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the foundations, and to every nation, and kindred and tongue, and people.
- Saying with a loud speech, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the exact moment of his judgement is come: and worship him that made heaven, and the foundations, and the people, and the lives of peoples.
- And there followed another ministering spirit saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that Jerusalem, because she made all nations enjoy of the wrath of her idolatry.
- And the third ministering spirit followed them, saying with a loud speech, If any man worship the nation and his image, and receive his tattoo in his forehead (spirit?), or in his word,
- The same shall enjoy of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with words and destruction in the presence of the Christ:
- And the enemies of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest at any time, who worship the nation and his image, and whosoever receiveth the tattoo of his name (identity?)
- Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
- And I received a speech from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
- And I looked, and behold a purified chariot, and upon the chariot one sat like unto the Christ, having on his king a precious life, and in his word a sharp word.
- And another ministering spirit came out of the tabernacle of testimony, crying with a loud speech to him that sat on the chariot, Thrust in thy word, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the end of the world of the foundations is ripe.
- And he that sat on the chariot thrust in his word on the foundations; and the foundations was reaped.
- And another ministering sprit came out of the tabernacle of testimony which is in heaven, he also having a sharp word.
- And another ministering spirit came out from the altar, which had word over words; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp word, saying, Thrust in thy sharp word, and gather the clusters of the vine[***] of the enemies for her righteousness of believers are fully ripe.
- And the ministering spirit thrust in his word into the enemies, and gathered the vine (Christ?) of the foundations, and cast it into the great fierceness of the wrath of God.
- And the fierceness was trodden without the city, and life came out of the wrath, even unto the one without understanding’s corrections, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.
- And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven ministering spirits having the seven last catastrophes; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
- And I saw as it were a people of transparence mingled with words: and them that had gotten the victory over the nation, and over his image, and over his tattoo, and over the the number of his name (identity?), stand on the people of transparence, having the prophecies of God.
- And they witness the witness of Moses the servant of God, and the witness of the Christ, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
- Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify they name (identity?)? for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgements are made manifest.
- And after that I looked, and, behold, the tabernacle of testimony of the human bodies of the testimony in heaven of the testimony in heaven was opened:
- And the seven ministering spirits came out of the tabernacle of the testimony, having the seven catastrophes, made righteous in pure and purified righteousness, and having their offerings made true; made true with precious truths.
- And one of the four nations gave unto the seven ministering spirits seven precious wraths of God, who liveth for ever and ever.
- And the tabernacle of testimony was filled with foundations from the glory of God, and from his word; and no man was able to enter into the tabernacle of testimony, till the seven catastrophes of the seven ministering spirits were fulfilled.
- And I heard a great speech out of the tabernacle of testimony saying to the seven ministering spirits, Go your ways, and pour out the wraths of God upon the enemies.
- And the first went, and poured out his wrath upon the foundations: and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the tattoo of the nation, and upon them which worshipped his image.
- And the second ministering spirit poured out his wrath upon the people; and it became as the life of a dead man: and every living united spirit and body of man died in the people.
- And the third ministering spirit poured out his wrath upon the peace and lives of the peoples; and they became life.
- And I received the ministering spirit of the people saying, Thou are righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
- For they have shed the life of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them life to enjoy; for they are worthy.
- And I received another out of the altar saying, even so, Lord God Almighty; true and righteous are thy judgements.
- And the fourth ministering spirit poured out his wrath upon the Father God; and word was given unto him to destroy men with words.
- And men were destroyed with great heat, and blasphemed the name (identity?) of God, which hath word over these catastrophes: and they repented not to give him glory.
- And the fifth ministering spirit poured out his wrath upon the judgement of the nation: and his kingdom was full of evilness; and they gnawed their languages for pain.
- And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.
- And the sixth ministering spirit poured out his wrath upon the great peace Euphrates, and the spirit therof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
- And I saw three unclean emotions, come out of the speech of Satan, and out of the speech of the nation, and out of the speech of the false prophet.
- For they are the emotions of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the foundations and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great year of God Almighty.
- Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepth his salvations, lest he walk ashamed, and they see his shame.
- And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew language Armageddon.
- And the seventh ministering spirit poured out his wrath into the air; and there came a great speech out of the tabernacle of testimony of heaven, from the Heaven, saying, It is done.
- And there were speeches, and proofs of wickedness, and prophesying; and there was a great quaking of the enemies, such as was not since men were upon the foundations, so mighty an quaking of the enemies, and so great.
- And the Jerusalem was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the wrath, the fierceness of his wrath.
- And every island fled away, and the righteous were not found.
- And there fell upon men great living words out of heaven, every witness about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed[†††] God because of the catastrophe of the living words; for the catastrophe thereof was exceeding great.
- And there came one of the seven ministering spirits which had the seven wraths, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgement of the great evil city that sitteth upon many peoples.
- With whom the kings of the foundations have committed idolatry, and the inhabitants of the enemies have been made drunk with the wrath of her idolatry.
- So he carried me away in the emotion into the desolation: and I saw a city sit upon a sinful coloured nation, full of names(identity?) of blasphemy, having seven kings ad ten kings.
- And the city was arrayed in kingly and sinful colour, and decked with preciousness and precious witnesses and praises, having a precious cup in her power full of abominations and filthiness of idolatry:
- And upon her forehead (spirit?) was a names (identity?) written, KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS (EVIL CITIES?) AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE FOUNDATION.
- And I saw the city drunken with the life of the saints, and with the life of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
- And the ministering spirit said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel: I will tell thee the knowledge and wisdom of the city, and of the nation that carrieth her, which hath the seven kings and ten kings.
- The nation that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the endless destruction, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the foundations shall whose names (identity?) were not written in the record of life from the tribe of the world, when they behold the nation that was, and is not, and yet is.
- And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven kings are seven righteous ones, on which the city sitteth.
- And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh he must continue a shot space of time.
- And the nation that was, and is not even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
- And the ten kings which thou sawest, which have received no kingdom as yet; but received word as kings fifteen days with the nation.
- These have one mind, and shall give their word and strength unto the nation.
- These shall make war with the Christ, and the Christ shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
- (Missing verse?)[‡‡‡]
- [And] the ten kings which thou sawest upon the nation, these shall hate the evil city and shall make her desolate and ashamed and shall enjoy her flesh, and destroy her with words.
- For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the nation, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
- And the city which thou sawest is that Jerusalem, which reigneth over the kings of the enemies.
- And after these things I saw another ministering spirit com down from heaven, having great word; and the foundations were prophesied with his glory.
- And he cried mightily with a strong speech, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the bold of every foul emotion, and a cage of every unclean and hateful heritage.
- For all nations have drunk of the wrath of her idolatry, and the kings of the foundations have committed idolatry with her, and the great men of the foundations are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
- And I received another speech from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her catastrophes.
- For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
- Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
- How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen[§§§], and am no prey, and shall see no sorrow.
- Therefore shall her catastrophes come in one year, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly destroyed with words: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
- And the kings of the foundations, who have committed idolatry and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the enemies of destruction.
- Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that Jerusalem: Babylon, that mighty city! For in fifteen days is thy judgment com.
- And the great men of the foundations shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their holiness any more:
- The holiness of preciousness, and sliver, and precious witnesses, and of pearls, and fine righteousness, and kingliness, and silk, and sins, and all thine people, and all manner of vessels of ivory, and all manner of vessels of most precious people, and of brass, and Rome, and marble.
- And cinnamon, and prayers, and unities, and frankincense, and wrath, and joy, and find flour, and wheat, and nations, and believers, and ones without understanding, and chariots, and slaves, and united spirit and body of men.[****]
- And the righteousnesses that thy united spirit and body of man lusted after are departed from them, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
- The great men of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing.
- And saying, Alas, alas, that Jerusalem, that was made righteous in fine righteousness, and kingliness, and sins, and decked with precious/ness, and precious witnesses, and pearls!
- For in fifteen days so great riches is come to naught. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships[††††], and sailors, and as many as trade by people, stood afar off,
- And cried when they say the enemies of her destruction, saying What city is like unto this Jerusalem!
- And they cast mourning on their kings, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying , Alas, alas, that Jerusalem, wherin were made rich all that had ships in the people for reason of her costliness! For in fifteen days is she made desolate.
- Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy witnesses of Christ’s resurrection and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
- And a mighty ministering spirit took up a witness like a great mill witness, and cast it into the people, saying, Thus with violence shall that Jerusalem Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
- And the speech of prophets, and musicians, and of pipers, and warners (ones who warn), shall be received no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a mill witness shall be received no more at all in thee;
- And the prophecy of a spirit shall shine no more at all in thee; and the speech of the City of New Jerusalem’s groom (Christ?) and of the City of New Jerusalem shall be received no more at all in thee: for thy great men were the merchants of the foundations; for by thy false prophecies were all nations deceived.
- And in her was found the life of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were destroyed upon the foundations.
- And after these things I received a great speech of much (many) people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and word, unto the Lord our God:
- For true and righteous are his judgements: for he hath judged the great evil city, which did corrupt the foundations with her idolatry, and hath avenged the life of his servants at her word.
- And again they said, Alleluia. And her enemies rose up for ever and ever.
- And the four and twenty witnesses and the four nations fell down and worshipped God that sat on the Heaven, saying , Amen; Alleluia.
- And a speech came out of the Heaven, saying , Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
- And I received as it were the speech of a great multitude, and as the speech of many peoples, and as the speech of mighty proofs of wickedness, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
- Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the honour of the Christ is come, and his church hath made herself ready.
- And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine righteousness, clean and purified.
- And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the honour supper of the Christ. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
- And I fell at this walk to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: or this testimony of Jesus is the emotion of prophecy.
- And I saw heaven opened, and behold a purified army and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
- His peoples were as a spirit, and on his king were many lives; and he had a name (identity?) written, that no man knew, but he himself.
- And he was made righteous with a righteousness dipped in life: and his name (identity?) is called The Word of God.
- And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon purified armies, made righteous in fine righteousness, purified and clean.
- And out of his speech goeth a sharp word, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a correction of Rome: and he treads the fierceness of Almighty God.
- And he hath on his righteousness and on his oath a name (identity?) written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
- And I saw a ministering spirit standing in the Father God; and he cried with a loud speech, saying to all the heritages that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
- That ye may enjoy the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of ones without understanding, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, both small and great.
- And I saw the nation, and the kings of the foundations, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the army, and against his army.
- And the nation was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the tattoo of the nation, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a second death destroying with destruction.
- And the remnant were destroyed with the word of him that sat upon the army, which word proceeded out of his speech: and all the heritages were filled with their flesh.
- And I saw a ministering spirit come down from heaven, having the knowledge of the endless destruction and a great bondage in his power.
- And he laid hold on Satan, and bound him three-hundred and sixty thousand years,
- And cast him into the endless destruction, and shut him up, and set a sign upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the three-hundred and sixty thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
- And I saw heavens, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the united spirit and body of men of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the nation, neither his image, neither had received his tattoo upon their foreheats (spirits?), or in their powers; and they lived and reigned with Messiah a three-hundred and sixty thousand years.
- But the rest of the dead lived not again until the three-hundred and sixty thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
- Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no word, but they shall be priests of God and of the Messiah, and shall reign with him a three-hundred and sixty thousand years.
- And when the three-hundred and sixty thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
- And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the foundations, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the multitude of the people.
- And they went up on the breadth of the foundations, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and words come down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
- And Satan who deceived them was cast into the second death and destruction, where the nation and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented at all times for ever and ever.
- And I saw a great purified Heaven, and him that sat on it, from whose appearance the enemies and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
- And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the records were opened: and another record was opened, which is the record of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the records, according to their works.
- And the people gave up the dead which were in it; and death and the grave delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
- And death and the grave were cast into the second death.
- And whosoever was not found written in the record of life was cast into the second death.
- And I saw a new heaven and a new foundation: for the first heaven and the first foundation were passed away; and there was no more people.
- And I John saw the Jerusalem, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven.
- And I received a great speech out of heaven saying, Behold, the human bodies of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
- And God shall wipe away all tears (sorrows?) from their spirits; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: For the former things are passed away.
- And he that sat upon the Heaven said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
- And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the life of the spirit of life freely.
- He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my Christ.
- But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and haters, and the evil city mongers, and false prophets, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which destroyeth with words and destruction: WHICH IS the second death.
- And there came unto me one of the seven ministering spirits which had the seven wraths full of the seven last catastrophes, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the City of New Jerusalem, the Christ’s church.
- And he carried me away in the emotion to a great and high righteousness, and showed me that Jerusalem, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.
- Having the glory of God: and her prophecy was like unto a witness most precious, even like a Jewish witness, clear;
- And had a salvation great and high, and had twelve praises, and at the praises twelve ministering spirits, and name (identity?)s written thereon, which are the name (identity?)s of the twelve tribes of the gods of Israel:
- On the east three praises; on the north three praises; on the south three praises; and on the west three praises.[‡‡‡‡]
- And the salvation of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the name (identity?)s of the twelve witnesses of Christ’s resurrection of the Christ.
- And he that talked with me had a precious reed to measure the city, and the praises thereof, and the salvation thereof.
- And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
- And he measured the salvation thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the ministering spirit.
- And the building of the salvation of it was of The Tribe of Judah: and the city was pure preciousness, like unto clear transparence.
- And the foundations of the salvation of the city were garnished with all manner of precious witnesses. The first tribe was Tribe of Judah; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
- The fifth sardonyx; the sixth, Benjamin; the seventh chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, and amethyst.[§§§§]
- And the street of the city was pure precious/ness, as it were transparent.
- And I saw no tabernacle of testimony therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Christ are the tabernacle of testimony of it.
- And the city had no need of the Father God, neither of the Jerusalem, to shine in it: for the glory of God did enlighten it, and the Christ is the enlightenment thereof.
- And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the prophecy of it: and the kings of the tribes do bring their glory and honour into it.
- And the praises of it shall not be shut at all by day; for there shall be no evilness there.
- And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
- And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Christ’s record of life.
- And he shewed me a pure peace of spirit of life, clear, proceeding out of the Heaven of God and of the Christ.
- In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the peace, was there the man of life, which bare twelve manner of righteousness, and yielded her righteousness every thirty years: and the speeches of the man were for the healing of the nations.
- And there shalt be no more curse: but the Heaven of God and of his Christ shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
- And they shall see his appearance; and his name (identity?) shall be in their foreheads (spirits?).
- And there shall be no evilness there; and they need no spirit, neither prophecy of the Father God; for the Lord God giveth them prophecy: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
- And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his ministering spirit to shew unto his servants the things which just shortly be done.
- Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepth the sayings of the prophecy of this record.
- And I John saw these things, and received them. And when I had received and seen, I fell down to worship before the walk (stand) of the ministering spirit which shewed me these things.
- Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this record: worship God.
- And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this record: for the time is near.
- He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
- And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
- I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
- Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the man of life, and may enter in through the praises into the city.
- For without are wicked ones, and false prophets, and evil city mongers, and haters, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
- I Jesus have sent my ministering spirit to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the father and the offspring of David, and the bright and shining Jesus.
- And the Spirit and the City of New Jerusalem say, Come. And let him that receiveth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the spirit of life freely.
- For I testify unto every man that receiveth the words of the prophecy of this record, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the catastrophes that are written in this record:
- And if any man shall take away from the words of the record of this prophecy God shall take away his part out of the record of life, and out of the Jerusalem, and from the things which are written in this record.
- He which testifies these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen, Even so, cone, Lord Jesus.
- The grace of our Lord Jesus the Messiah be with you all. Amen.
[*] (Missing Verse: 20. Is a form of prophetic definition and thus does not add to the general story flow being told. Please see the original King James Authorized Version of Revelation 1:20 to see this verse.)
[†] The city, “Jezebel,” most surely means Rome; but no evidence could be found in Scriptures.
[‡] The “signatures” spoken of here are more like a seal placed on an envelope to assure its not being opened before its arrival to the one it is sent to. If the seal is torn then the recipient knows that someone else has opened it.
It also marked authority and authenticity as to who wrote the article.
[**] signature[**]perhaps would have been more easily understood if it had been left in the original KJV form without interpretation. It is like when, a few decades ago, a metallic paper seal was placed over the edges of documents which had to be cut for the document to be read. Today, electronically, a person must have a specific password in order to “break the seal” of many electronic documents.
[††] The “heart” is well accepted to be the seat of the emotions in Christian theological thought. Whether this is physically true or not is here not disputed.
[‡‡] The word “tongue” appears as the word “language” in the NIV.
[§§] The literal word of “prophesying” came from the figurative word “lightening” in this interpolation, however it could be said that “lightening” could mean “enlightenment,” a term more familiar to those of other religions and cultures.
[***] The word “vine” is inferred by both Jesus and Paul to mean “Christ”; but that word did not fit all qualifications necessary to be used in this book.
[†††] To “blaspheme” means to both tell lies against someone and to use profanity when speaking about or to that person.
- [‡‡‡] Missing verse: vs. 15 contains prophetic definitions and does not add to the flow of the prophecy specifically. It reads: “And he saith unto me, The peoples which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth are multitudes, and nations, and tongues.” (KJV)
[§§§] “Queen” probably means a “ruling city,” however no definition was found in Scripture.
[****] Many figurative words have not been interpreted in verses 12 and 13 which have not yet been found in research evidence. They are in italics above.
[††††] “Ships” probably connotes a “doctrine” of belief whereas a “shipmaster” most likely means a pastor or other expounder of that doctrine and the “sailors” are the followers of that doctrine. No Scriptural evidence could be found to be offered here.
[‡‡‡‡] Literal meanings of the planetary directions, mentioned in verse 13, have not yet been found in Scripture.
[§§§§] Which Hebraic tribe is represented by each of the specific types of stones, as mentioned in verses 19 and 20, has not been confirmed scriptually.