Who doesn’t love cookies? Cookies turn even an ordinary day into a celebration. This is my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe jazzed up a bit. Just in time for holiday cookie exchanges, this recipe is gluten free, egg free and reduced fat. Don’t be fooled by the ingredients in this recipe. These taste so good, if you don’t tell them, people without food restrictions will never guess anything is missing.
Chocolate Chip Trail Mix Cookies
2 Tablespoons flax seed meal mixed with 6 Tablespoons hot water (this will replace the eggs)
1 cup unsweetened applesauce (instead of butter)
3/4 cup agave nectar (instead of white and brown sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup buckwheat flour (don’t worry buckwheat isn’t even a distant relative of wheat)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup cranberry almond trail mix
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut.
- Combine flax seed meal and hot water. Stir and let sit until thick (consistency of egg whites).
- Combine flax seed mixture, applesauce, agave and vanilla in large bowl. Mix well.
- Add flours and baking soda. Stir to blend in flours.
- Add chocolate chips, trail mix and coconut. Stir till well mixed.
- Spoon by tablespoons onto baking sheet. Press out a little with back of spoon dipped in water if you want a flatter cookie (these won’t spread out like cookies with butter and sugar.)
- Bake in 350 degree over until bottoms of cookies are browned.
- Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool.
Foe more recipes, including this one check out: