Genie’s Note: Laurie was one of our early followers and her blog is an ongoing source of encouragement for me. I am sure you will want to check out her blog and website.
DEFINING CORE VALUES
In my perspective, it’s important to be able to articulate our core values—the things we embrace that keep our internal compass pointing north:
1. I practice intentional kindness (including self).
2. I invest time to examine my motives (why I do, or refrain from doing things).
3. I practice active listening—listening “between the lines” to what’s not being said as well as what’s verbalized.
4. Travel light—travel fast. I live below my means, embracing the philosophy that less is more.
5. Never–ever!—be held hostage by the opinion of others.
6. Whatever you are not changing, you are choosing. If I don’t like something, I change it.
7. Know my life purpose and live it. I am a channel for grace—the immediate presence of spirit.
What are your core values?
About the Author: As a transformational life coach, Laurie Buchanan helps people turn intention into action; bridging the gap between where they are, and where they want to be — body, mind, and spirit. Please visit her website at www.HolEssence.com and her blog at http://tuesdayswithlaurie.com.